Commercial Backup Generators for Toronto Area Businesses
If the power goes out at your business, can you still make money? If the answer is no, it’s time to consider a commercial backup generator. At Platinum Electrical Contractors, our factory-authorized Generac installers specialize in matching customers with the ideal backup power supply for their needs. We’re here to design and install a complete power generation system that works for you.
Coping with Power Outages at Your Commercial Property
Power interruptions can bring your company to a standstill in the blink of an eye. As every business owner knows, if you aren’t making money, you’re losing it. Studies show that retailers are especially vulnerable to power outages. Convenience stores and supermarkets typically experience anywhere from $500 to $5,000 per hour in lost sales. High-volume restaurants may also experience substantial losses. Based on these estimates, a generator can pay for itself after just 10 power interruptions.
A convenience store is a perfect example of how small businesses are at the mercy of power companies and Mother Nature. If the electricity goes out, customers can’t pump gas or pay for their purchases. Additionally, business owners may face unexpected losses due to refrigeration outages that cause spoilage. There’s also an increased risk of theft if a power outage disables critical security features. All these factors can make power outages costly interruptions for local companies.
Even if you have business interruption coverage, most insurance companies only pay if you’re forced to close for more than eight hours. Unfortunately, in Toronto and surrounding parts of Ontario, the average power outage lasts for roughly 2.3 hours — long enough to bring your business to a grinding halt but not long enough to qualify for insurance benefits. Luckily, there’s a solution. Our competitively priced standby generators have helped commercial customers get back to business since 1959.
Choosing a Commercial Backup Generator for Your Business
Our generators are available in a diverse array of sizes ranging from 15 kW to 1000 kW. Each unit features a purpose-built liquid-cooled engine that’s powered by natural gas, propane or diesel fuel, or both and offers reliable performance outage after outage and year after year. Commercial generators can keep the lights on, but they can also do a lot more. Discover some of the ways a generator can work for your business.
- Offices, medical clinics and law enforcement agencies in Canada use generators to power computer systems and protect essential data.
- Restaurants and retail outlets often depend on generators to power the lights, process payments and protect perishable inventory from spoilage.
- Warehouses and manufacturing facilities use generators to protect sensitive equipment, continue essential operations and keep their workers busy.
- Generators are critical for assisted living facilities and residential health care facilities where power is needed for medical equipment, elevators and heating and cooling systems.
Working with Our Clients
As the leading factory-authorized PowerProElite+ dealer in Toronto, we have licensed professionals who specialize in matching commercial customers with the ideal Standby Power product for their needs. We offer financing, preventive maintenance, and comprehensive warranties that protect your backup power supply for a minimum of five years. We carry an extensive selection of replacement parts, and we’ve met the brand’s highest standards for customer service and support. Here are a few reasons why we choose to represent Generac.
- Generac offers commercial generators designed for single-phase and three-phase installations.
- All-weather enclosures feature corrosion-resistant aluminum protected with RhinoCoat finishes.
- User-friendly LCD controls allow workers to monitor the system’s performance and track maintenance requirements.
- Generac offers a variety of compatible accessories, including load management tools and switches.
- All products are UL certified and code ready for fire safety and regulatory compliance.
- Remote cellular-based monitoring systems and weekly self-tests provide enhanced reliability.
- Cold weather kits keep internal components warm for dependable starting all winter.
- Automatic transfer switches provide seamless power in case of an interruption.
Platinum Electrical Contractors serves businesses across the greater Toronto area, from Niagara to Kingston and from Lake Ontario to Sudbury. Contact our commercial generator specialists to learn more about your options or schedule an on-site assessment at 1-844-443-6776 or through our contact form.