Toronto’s Residential Backup Generator Specialists
Enjoy total peace of mind when you invest in an automatic standby generator made by Generac and installed by our licensed professionals. Whether you’re facing a summer thunderstorm or a blizzard that could lead to frozen pipes, a backup generator can keep the lights on and power your most important appliances until service is restored. Platinum Electrical Contractors proudly serves customers in the greater Toronto area and surrounding communities across Ontario.. Work with our experienced team to see why we’re the area’s top Generac dealer.
Benefits of Home Backup Generators
Power outages are on the rise due to increased demand, aging power grids and a surge in severe storms. In fact, Ontario experiences more power interruptions than any other Canadian province, and the number of outages has increased by nearly 20% in recent years. A professionally installed backup power supply can keep the lights on or produce enough energy to run your heating and cooling system and major appliances. With all these benefits, it’s not surprising that automatic standby generators are popular with homeowners and home buyers. This upgrade can also deliver a substantial return on investment as high as 150%. Learn more about how these systems work.
- Residential generators use natural gas, propane or another fuel source to provide uninterrupted power in case of an outage.
- These unobtrusive self-contained systems sit outside your home just like a conventional HVAC unit.
- In the event of an outage, a transfer switch that’s installed near your breaker box alerts the generator to kick on and power select circuits.
- While most homeowners select automatic transfer switches, manual options are available. In some cases, the transfer switch can replace your main electrical panel completely.
Choosing a Backup Generator for Your Home
Residential standby generators are available in a wide range of capacities, depending on your needs and your budget. Most units produce anywhere from 7,000 to 22,000 watts of power, which may be enough to power critical circuits or your entire home.
- Select Circuit installations are ideal for powering your essential loads like lights, furnace, water heater, sump pump and outlets used by essential appliances, such as refrigerators.
- Managed Whole Home Installations give you the freedom to power multiple high-draw appliances or systems. This budget-friendly alternative gives the whole home access to the generator power but requires a small amount of management when it comes to the AC, electric stove and clothes dryer typically.
- Whole Home Installations provide enough energy to run all circuits at the same time within the home allowing you to operate as though you were off grid during an outage.
Advantages of Working with a Local Dealer
At Platinum Electrical Contractors, we’re proud to be a factory-authorized PowerProElite+ dealer and installer. To earn this certification, we’ve met strict standards for sales and service. We employ a dedicated team of generator experts who are available 24 hours a day, stock a complete selection of parts and receive excellent feedback from our customers. Additionally, we have access to the complete product line, including North America’s best-selling home generators. Here are a few reasons why we recommend Generac products.
- Generac products are available in a range of capacities starting at 7.5 kW to give customers the freedom to power an entire home or just the essentials.
- Customers can choose from multiple fuel options, including natural gas, propane and diesel, depending on utility availability in your area.
- Automatic weekly or monthly self-tests ensure your generator is ready whenever the next power outage strikes.
- Generators feature purpose-built engines that deliver reliable performance in demanding conditions.
- True Power Technology provides utility-quality electricity without signal interferences that can affect computers and sensitive appliances.
- WiFi and Cellular-based Mobile Link monitoring systems allow you to check your generator from anywhere in the world.
- Aluminum enclosures protect your equipment from Canada’s harshest weather while allowing the unit to blend into your landscape.
- We can connect qualified customers with competitive financing offers through respected national lenders.
- With noise levels as low as 60 decibels, backup generations are quiet enough to be installed next to your home just like an HVAC unit.